Makes 20 cookies
2 egg whites
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 (7 ounce) package shredded coconut
⅓cup white sugar (erythritol or monk fruit sugar for a carbfree recipe)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour OR almond flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
· Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
· Grease two baking sheets.
· Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy; stir in almond extract.
· Combine coconut, sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl.
· Lightly stir egg white mixture into coconut mixture to form a batter.
· Scoop batter by the tablespoon and drop onto prepared baking sheet.
· Bake cookies in the preheated oven until edges start to brown, about 20 minutes.
· Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.